My Mk4 Mondeo

• Hi all....
    I think it's time to show my Mk4 Mondeo. It's a 1.8 TDCi from NOV 2008 Titanium Collection with a bit of a personal touch over time ;)
    It all started with this nice car:

First thing I got made, was a complete set of custom made leather/alcantara seats as you see here:

The next thing was a new FoliaTec antenna, because I did not like the OEM antena:

Next go was a complete LED change as shown by "dante" and "C1500". So now all lights is shining as my nice xenon.... :thumbup:
    In april 2011 I ordered new wheels for my ride. After a bit of debate at home with my wife, we selected the Tomason TN4 wheels in 8,5x18". They are now fittet with a set of Falken 235/40-18 rubber :P You can see them here:

• Next small change was a new set of Ford badges in carbon, as the old one's were starting to go bad! The bew one's are like this:

So now my nice Mk4 Mondeo is looking like this:

For the future I am working on a small list:
    - Eibach Pro-Kit lowering spring set (-30mm)
    - USB/BT/VC to the iPod/phone/radio
    - Ford Navi NX (from the Mk4,5 2011 model with SD-card)
    - A duplex exhaust system form Ford with the pipes turning down (pipetips will be modyfied to 3,5" pipes)
    - An extra 12V outlet for the rear seat (so they have two outlets)
    - Tinted side indicaters
    - LED's for the rear lights (if possible)
    - IP spoilers front and rear in panther black......
    - Engine tuning (a new intercooler - the AirTec Focus ST Mk2 it fits 100% - a KN air filter and a costum OBD programe to make it all work.... End goel is an increse from 125PS/320Nm to 150-155PS/400Nm)

• Hi Batcave.

Nice and gentle changes you've made. Looks good :thumbup:
    May I ask what You've paid for the Seats?! And what was the original Seat Cover?

• Custom leather seats... I like!

you should give the 19 inch tomason a try^^

• N1 Car Batcave :thumbup:

Your Ford badges in carbon, have you this parts for front and rear?
    Can you me give a Linkadress please?

• Hi Batcave.

Nice and gentle changes you've made. Looks good :thumbup:
    May I ask what You've paid for the Seats?! And what was the original Seat Cover?

The seats were in the deal when I bought the car. But if you want a set like I have off the street (front and rear seats + all four doors) it will cost you 36.000,- DKR (4.800,- euro) - but again I did not pay this, I had to pay around 1/3 of that price :thumbup:
    I had normal black seats - no leather - and with kids, the leather is easyer to clean.....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von batcave (30. Juli 2011 um 18:03)

• Custom leather seats... I like!

you should give the 19 inch tomason a try^^

19" was in the plan, but after trying a car with the 35 profile wheels - a "no-go" was given from the wife!!!! 40 profile wheels was the lowest she wanted comfort wise, so the 18" wheels was the only option...... sadly...... :whistling: :whistling:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von batcave (30. Juli 2011 um 19:56)

• Soooo, one bad exhaust is on the way out! As I found out, I had tree bad holes because of rust in my old single exhaust system. :(

So I decided to change the system to a new set - a duplex system!!! 8)

Price on a duplex system is BIG in Denmark (7500,- DKR ++), so I ordered my system from Sweden from a Volvo dealer. As the new Volvo V70 is using the same base as the Mk4 Mondeo, the back part of the exhaust system is a direct plug-and-play swap. So one R-design (part no: 31269693) was ordered, price in Sweden: 3662,- SKR!!!! CHEAP!!!!! :thumbup:

Now I only need to change the endtips to a custom made 3" down turning set, as I like the sleeper look and not so much the straight out tips and I do not want to cut in my rear fender :thumbup: :thumbup:

• So, after getting the new exhaust system home I had to make my own end tips to point down. So off with the straight pipes pointing out

Next step was making the new set of end pipes in 3" pipes

Next step is welding the new end pipes to the mufflers

After welding the end result....... NICE 3" end pipes bending down :thumbup:

• Final step is fitting the duplex exhaust system on my Mondi..... A plug-and-play job that took only 40 min to do. Final result is in my view stunning, almost like the exhaust system as you find on the Audi A6 Avant

As you can see on this final pic, the duplex exhaust system is hidden well under the rear fender, just peeping out to do the right job :P 8) :P I LIKE THIS..........

• So, even if it is cold as hell outside, I went and did som modification on my car!
    This time I installed the nice Ford BT/VC/USB system - so you can controll everything from the steeringwheel and the Convers+...
    The parts needed is as following:
    - BT/VC/USB module (finis number 1754709)
    - USB cable (finis number 1543691)
    - Microphone (finis number 1532666)
    - USB port (finis number 1543450)
    - Focus retrofit cable (finis number 1667645)
    On top of this I installed a used indicator arm with all the switches for VC and phone and the USB port holder in the glovecompartment.

Dismantling everything was an easy job. Radio had to go out in order to let the new cable go in. The USB were installed in the glovecompartment, BT/VC/USB box was placed up under the passenger airbag and then I went hunting for the cable to the microphone in the roof (situated next to the rear mirror and front roof lights). So after finding the microphone cable, everything was tested - and found working - and finally fitted in its rightfull place.

MAN how this is a nice toy [Blockierte Grafik: http://public.talkford.com//public/style_emoticons/default/driving.gif] Now I can see everything on my phone and my iPod in the Convers+ display.
    I would be glad to assist if some of you want to install the same system in your Mk4 Mondeo......

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!