DAB help

• looking for help with DAB activation on MCA head unit. I have fully upto date MCA in my 09 plate mondeo 2.2 TXS estate, everything currently working I clouding rear camera. However DAB isn't showing g on head unit or converse plus. DAB control module I stalled with connection look but cannot activate in elm co fig, stereo se lectionary is not highlighted so I cannot select high stereo with DAB, cd changer etc.

Any help greatly appreciated .

Thanks Bren

• 2009 Mondeo? So you build your own wirering. Evrything correct connected? Can Bus? Normaly No Car config Change necessary

Mondeo 1993 CLX 16V 90PS
    Mondeo 2008 Titanium X 2.5T 270PS
    Mondeo 2010 2.0T Titanium S 240PS

• Are you shure to have MCA fitted? Standard for preFL would be an NX, which can't handle external DAB module.

Take this overwiev as reference https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/a…igation/geraeteuebersicht

"Lernen ist Erfahrung. Alles andere ist einfach nur Information."

Albert Einstein

• yes MCA head unit, I fitted it also retro fitted rear camera . Everything works , I have made adaptor loom and fitted the DAB control module. Just cannot get it recognised in config. So annoying as convers plus is modded now, all modules updated ?

• Delta f

You need to activate DAB in config as its not already done on my 2009 car. You look on page 4 pick drop down for head unit type.

Mine is currently high level Nav + cd changer.

It needs to be high level Nav +cd changer + DAB

I shown in video tutorial my issue is the drop down box isn't highlighted so a cannot select.

I'm wondering if it's a dead DAB control module ?

Be just my luck lol thanks for thecreply

• GO4IT

Thanks for reply as above deffo MCA bit of a potch to fit lol changed arm rest console and cup holder trims etc as different to my early mk4.

Looks nice now finished in sparkle silver as on alloys looks nice in sun and when orange ambient light hits metallic.

Been fitting powerflex trailing bushes today . Did rear door ford projector lights to match fronts and also stop and tail in bumper reflectors. Last off fitted DRL in mirrors which change to orange led sweep when indicators are used

• GO4IT

Thanks for reply as above deffo MCA bit of a potch to fit lol changed arm rest console and cup holder trims etc as different to my early mk4.

Looks nice now finished in sparkle silver as on alloys looks nice in sun and when orange ambient light hits metallic.

Been fitting powerflex trailing bushes today . Did rear door ford projector lights to match fronts and also stop and tail in bumper reflectors. Last off fitted DRL in mirrors which change to orange led sweep when indicators are used

Oh and new red stitch gaiters on gear knob and handbrake

• I Had installed also in my Mondeo. For me IT worked also without Change of carconfig.

Mondeo 1993 CLX 16V 90PS

• 2009 TXS estate 2.2, she got dvd, rear screens, 2 sets headphones and remote ( never used lol), adaptive cruise etc fully loaded but no sunroof ( my choice , don't use them no need with cruise plus they flood cabin when drain pipe blocks at elbow joint lol.)

Sea grey nice when clean lol

• My was 2010. But without harnes and Plug preinstalled. So i Had to Made one by NY own. I Had my Trouble to Connect IT to can Bus.

Mondeo 1993 CLX 16V 90PS

• interesting, thanks for reply. Yes I purchased extension loom and made necessary connections by soldering and heat shrinking everything. Information not easy to find but on thread I saw they mentioned the activate ?

If I connect offline with elm and go to page 4 I can access head unit selection but when I connect it won't make haedunit selection available.

Going to try and get another DAB module ?

These things are sent to try us lol, I'll get there.

It can't be any harder than the digital climate control conversion I did on my MGZS lol. I did this 12 years ago, no help as not previously done. Managed to aquire parts and full loom to get wiring needed. Did job in one day, dash out 😆

• delta f

What we're issues with can bus ? I'm willing to look into everything . It's so annoying not having 1 thing not running lol but that's me. When I see cars pass with a bulb out it drives me nuts lol, I. Like how can you drive like that ? Don't you check things lol

• I can't remember, IT IS 10 years ago now. Dou you have a wirering Diagram for before Facelift ?

Mondeo 1993 CLX 16V 90PS

• lol sorry didn't know you'd done it that long ago. I have to find the diagram I used, be much easier if I new somebody with a face-lift that has DAB, could plug my module in and if it didn't work then it would rule out wiring lol. Thanks for reply Bren.

• Here you find a full tutorial in the Wiki to retrofit the DAB-Module: https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/a…dab/dab_nachruesten/start

No configuration is needed for DAB. If your MCA has the right firmware (SP2015 installed) and the DAB-module is connected to the MM-CAN, they will find eachother and the "DAB" button shows up in the MCA screen.

You could change the CCC for DAB but this was more for the IPC (Convers+). Unfortunately you cannot get it into your preFL Convers+ as for DAB-Function at least Firmware 1412 is needed, which can't be installed on preFL IPC, only on FL IPC. But FL IPC can only be fitted to preFL with a patched (Russian) Firmware which is not able to handle DAB. So no way to get DAB controls into the IPC.

The key to get DAB to work is that CAN-Pins of the module (see DAB-harness in the wiki article) are connected to the satnav Quadlock. This is pin 10 (MM-CAN HI) of DAB plug to Pin A-9 of Satnav Quadlock (blue/grey wire) and pin 5 (MM-CAN LO) of DAB to Pin A-10 of Quadlock (violet/grey wire). If the module has 12V power, that's enough in the first to get it show up. If it is not showing up, try to swap the CAN pins on the module plug in case you mixed it up.

If the module does not show up, it might(!) be damaged. Put an multimeter in mA range in series with the 12V line and measure the power draw. It should be around 60-80 mA in the first 2 minutes.

If it helps, i could check your module, but you need to ship it to me somehow.

"Lernen ist Erfahrung. Alles andere ist einfach nur Information."

Albert Einstein

• thanks, really appreciate this will update on forum when I get chance to try this. Had a disc shatter on me today while cutting off seized bolt. Finishing off my powerflexbushes, fingers in a state lol. Thanks again sorry I don't know your name, regards Bren

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!